Monday, October 29, 2012

I want more of You God.

"Set a fire down in my soul
That I can't contain
That I can't control
I WANT MORE OF YOU GOD."

So this week we started talking about having a clear conscience. I feel like this week will be pretty hard for me....

I've had a couple of people pray for me telling me that I do have a purpose and God definitely brought me here for a reason. I'm not gonna stand in the shadows anymore and I am not gonna feel like a failure. I'm so tired of feeling like that. But it's so relieving to just be reminded that I am not a failure in God's eyes. That no matter what I have done in my life, all my fears and failures, He still loves me. Ah, that is so refreshing. 

Especially right now, it's what I need to hear. Missing my sister's wedding was extremely difficult for me. I felt like such a failure to my sister and I feel like I had just let her down. I still do. But when I was told all that, it was just like a little weight lifted off my shoulders. And then when I was bawling my eyes out, two girls came up to me and just comforted me and prayed for me. They are my sisters too. They don't compare to my real sisters, but it was just so comforting to just have someone there for me and love on me and tell me everything was going to be okay.

In other news...

I went to Billabong Sanctuary the other day. EEEE it was so fun!!!!!!!!!! I got to hold a snake and a croc, then touch a koala (they are mean animals!!) , kangaroo, AND A WOMBAT! Oh my heavens, wombats are the freakin' cutest and laziest animals on this planet. GAH! I just wanna take one home and cuddle with it all day. K, here are some pics!


This is my face when I got to touch a kangaroo for the first time. It's pure happiness.

BABY ROO!!!!!! 

Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Croc!!!!!

Ray Charles, the Koala. He is named Ray Charles cause he is blind. 

WOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am determined to have one of these as a pet. 

This is Nipper. He is a croc.

Kissed a kangaroo!

So yeah, that was like the greatest experience of my life. Until the Mumford and Sons concert rolled around. At first I wasn't too excited about it. I had already been twice and I was thinking of just giving it to someone else. But, I got talked out of that and man am I sure glad I did! I GOT FREAKING FRONT ROW TO THE MUMFORD AND SONS CONCERT! Oh my gosh.... guys that was the greatest experience of my whole life. I cannot put into words how awesome that concert was. But it was the bestest concert EVERRRRRR!!! Holy cow. I am still freaking out. And the lead singer and I totally made some serious eye contact. I'm in love. GAH! Walking out of the place I felt like I was walking on clouds. I was so happy. Hehe. AND I EVEN GOT THEIR SET LIST!!!! THEY MIGHT HAVE TOUCHED THAT!!!!! OMG OMG OMG! 

EEEE!!! LOOKY IT'S MUMFORD & SONS!!



LOOK HOW CLOSE I WAS!!!!!!!!!!!

I EVEN GOT A PICTURE WITH THEM!!!!!

AND THEIR SET LIST!!! THEY MIGHT HAVE TOUCHED THIS!!!!

I'll try and upload a video soon!! Ain't got enough time for that right now.

Okay... well I am just extremely happy right now. God is amazing. Too good. BAH! I mean come on think about it.. we aren't worthy, yet He still loves you and takes you for who you are. Such a great feeling. EPP! I don't think I have ever been so happy in my life. YAY! 

PEACE

p.s. I find out my outreach today!!! I will let you all know where I am going when I find out! 

God bless. 

























2 comments:

  1. Elissa,

    The pictures are awesome!! We had a great weekend but not as good as it would have been with you here :) You shouldn't feel bad for not being here, there was no other way and we didn't exactly plan well :p Welp we all miss you so much, and Riain misses you sooo much! Talk to you soon, your brother in law ;),

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elissa,

    I CANNOT believe you held a crock and a snake! It sounds like you are having the time of your life. Please don't beat yourself up over things that are not true..You have never been a failure and you are not in the shadows of anyone...saying that I know exactly how you feel..it is one of those "being the baby" of older brothers and sisters...I felt the same way. I am so Glad God revealed this to you and that you have people that are surrounding you with love and support....now that you know this in your heart..you must work it out in your life...alot of times this is much harder to do. Always look forward and not backwards..if you look backwards..you will always be controled by your failures and past. YOU are a unique person..with a unique purpose... be still and listen..and you will find your purpose. I love and miss you dearly..but am so excited for your future..LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete