Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's not goodbye, it's see you later

First blog, HAAAY! I honestly don't know how to use this at all, so bare with me as I tell you my stories....

Today is the day! October 18, 2012! I have been waiting for this day for months! Today I leave my life behind here in Tennessee to start a new chapter of my life. Today I head to Townsville, Australia for six months. SIX MONTHS. Holy cow.... I spent a week away from my family and on like day three I was already crying to my daddy on the phone about how I missed him so much. I feel like I am missing out on everything now... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, my nephews birthday, and my sisters's wedding. Let's not get me started on that.... 
Sara I just want you know to know sad I am that I am missing out on your Wedding. I am your sister! And I feel like I just completely failed you. I supposed to  be there for you, especially on the most important day of your life. You are going to be THE MOST gorgeous bride ever, just sayin' (Well I guess I did get started on that... whoops!)

BUT! I digress. God has led me to this. He has never proven to me more that this is what He has planned for me. This whole experience has already taught me so much. And I am not even there yet! This experience has already brought me closer to Him. It's crazy and I know through this I am about to grow even closer to Him. 

EPP! I can't believe today is the day. Crazy, crazy, crazy crazy! 

Alright well.... ummm..... I hope people read this. I gotta go now, ya know I just gotta go fly on a plane TO AUSTRALIA, FOR SIX MONTHS! 

I'm not gonna say bye (well I just did...) I'm gonna say see you later.

So see you later everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Elissa..I love the letter you left for your family..I am so proud of you! Know that no matter how far you are from me you are ALWAYS near me..in my Heart and Mind. You will have some difficult times..when they come.... Remember.. remember why you are there, remember it is really not that long..remember his Love, remember our Love for you, remember you are never alone, and remember all the people who are supporting you, thinking and praying for you everyday. When you do that somehow God gives you that peace and strength to endure.

    That's all for know..LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete